Remove and Advance Records
- Update students' permanent records with this year's information
- Update catechists' history records with this year's information
- Remove parents/guardians' volunteer activities and/or preparation classes
- Remove graduating/inactive students and/or inactive catechists
- Clear the number of online student registrations to reset class size limits
- Delete current year information for students and/or catechists
- Promote students to the next grade or from one session to another
There are a few things you need to do to remove and advance records.
Back up your data
- On the File menu, click .
- Click Backup Data.
- Enter a reason for the backup, such as "Backup before removing records".
- Select a backup method, and enter or select any relevant information.
- Click Start Backup.
- After your data is backed up, you can print the backup information for your reference.
Print the final versions of this year's reports
Once you run this process, only the new year's information displays. Print any reports you may need with this year's information.
Remove and advance records
- On the Information tab, click End of Year - Formation Remove/Advance. then, on the Formation Processes tab, click
- Select which year or period to process.
- Select whether to clear the number of students who have pending online registrations. This does not remove those students' registration forms from your Check Registrations process.
- Select any options for updating students' permanent records.
- Add this Year/Period info to the Permanent Records—Enter the class or session year/period for the information that's updated. If multiple catechists handle a class/session and you want all their names listed in permanent records, select Add a line for each Catechist. To add just the first catechist in the Class Schedules/Session Information window to one line of the students' permanent records, select Add one line (use first Catechist).
- If you already assigned students to classes for next year, you can only select which class to add on the permanent records if you've assigned year/periods to the classes. If year/periods haven't been assigned, both classes are recorded.
- If you run Automatic Class/Session Promotion, the current class/session is deleted when you promote classes. To add the current class/session to the permanent record, you must update the permanent records before you run the process.
- To view permanent records: On the Information tab, click Results of sessions attended and attendance data are copied from the student's records to his or her permanent record. This process doesn't remove current year information. We recommend that you remove current year data prior to the next update of permanent records so that information isn't duplicated. .
- Select any options for removing old student records.CAUTION: If you share data, these options do not remove students who are members of Church Office. Instead, they are hidden from your Formation listings.
- To remove students who are graduating, select Graduating Students and select a graduating grade. If you have multiple graduating grades (such as 8A, 8B, and 8C), select Grade Starts With. Otherwise, select Exact Match. To print records of graduating students removed during this process, select Print Student's Info.
- To remove inactive students, select Inactive Students. To print records of inactive students removed during this process, select Print Student's Info.
- To remove inactive families, select Inactive Families. To print records of inactive families removed during this process, select Print Families' and Student's Info.
- You can delete all current schedule information from the List of Sessions in the Student Detail window. Select Students' Schedules for the Year/Period. If you want to keep this information, make sure you select to update permanent records before processing.
- You can delete all current service and retreat information from the Student Service/Retreat window. Select Students' Service/Retreat List. This isn't included on permanent records.
- You can delete all current attendance information from the Student Attendance window. Select Students' Attendance for the Year/Period. If you want to keep this information, make sure you select to update the permanent records before processing.
- Select whether to run the Automatic Grade Promotion during this process.CAUTION:
If you already ran the Automatic Grade Promotion process separately, don't select this.
If it's been less than a year since you last performed grade promotion, a message displays to protect against promoting students again.
- Select any options for updating catechists' history and removing old catechist information.
- Add this year's Info to the Catechists' History window—Enter the date you want recorded in the History window for the information that's updated. The catechists' current session information is copied to the history. This doesn't remove current year session or schedule information. We recommend you remove current year information for the catechists prior to the next update of the history records so that information isn't duplicated.
- To remove catechist data that's no longer needed, select Inactive Catechists. To print records of catechists removed during this process, select Print Catechists' Files.CAUTION: If you share data, these options do not remove catechists who are members of Church Office. Instead, they are hidden from your Formation listings.
- Select any options for removing old parent/guardian information.
- If you removed graduating students or inactive records, select an option for keeping or deleting the associated family and fund records.
CAUTION: Any records you mark to remove are permanently deleted unless they're being used in another program.
- Keep all families & funds—Removes all members in the family, but keeps family information (as inactive), including fund history.
- Keep the family & fund records of ONLY those families who owe money to the church
- Delete those families & funds—Removes (or hides, if sharing data) family and student information in Formation Office.
- If needed, select Process Inactive Records for all Selected Processes. If you didn't select to delete inactive students or catechists, select this option when you have records that are temporarily marked inactive but should be included in grade promotion or advancement processing.
- When you're ready to being the process, click Process, and click Yes to being processing.
- If you selected to run the grade promotion, the wizard displays. For information on that process, see Promote Grade Levels.
Remove families based on giving
You can delete or inactivate the records of families who haven't given or pledged in a specified period of time.
- On the Information tab, click .
- Select whether you want to delete or mark records inactive.
- If you chose to delete records, select what to do with the information.
- If you share data with other PDS programs, select whether to keep or delete the removed records in the other programs.
- Otherwise, select whether to keep (but hide) records or delete them from your database.
- Enter the date range to check, then click Next.
- Select to delete/inactivate all families or only those who fit the conditions you add to filter the list.Note:
For help with conditions, see the Additional Selections section in the topic, Report Selections.
- Select to include only active, only inactive, or all families in the process.
- Click Next.
- Review the list of families. When you're ready to deleteor inactivate the selected records, click Next.
- Select whether to print a list of the removed families.
- Click Finish to delete or inactivate the records.