Locate a Record
Use the navigation buttons on the ribbon to locate a particular record. You can search for a single record based on a name, an address, phone number, and so on. Or you can scroll through each record until you see the one you want.
- In a window with the navigation buttons, click Search.
- Under Search By, select the type of information you're using to search for the record.Note: If Auto Detect is selected, the indicated fields can switch automatically when you type a letter (for a name) versus a number (for an ID). For example, if you type a number when the Family Name option is selected, your Search By field is automatically switched to the Family ID option, without interfering with your search. Likewise, if you type a letter when the Family ID option is selected, your Search By field switches to the Family Name option and the family you're looking for will display.
- Click inside the empty field at the top and begin entering the name or other information you're searching by.Note: If you're searching by name, possible matches display as you type. You can enter the first few letters of the last name you're searching for. When the one you want displays, enter a comma to move to the end of the last name and start entering the first name.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to search using the information you entered.
- If multiple matches are found, a list displays. Select the record you want, and click OK.
Scroll Through Records
- In a window with the navigation buttons, click the Order by drop-down list.
- Select the method of organizing the records.Note: If, for instance, you order by name, you can scroll through the records alphabetically based on last name. These options differ depending on the type of records you're viewing.
- Click the or arrow button to move to the previous or next record.
- Click the or arrow button to move to the first or last record.
You can also filter the records you see when navigating. Select Active to show only active records, Inactive to show only inactive records, or Both to show all records.