Send an Attachment to a Group
Make sure you've set up your email server. On the File menu, click .
There are several ways to send documents to recipients, depending on your needs. You may have a digital copy of your form already, and you simply want to email it as an attachment to a group of people.
Use the HTML Email to send an attachment along with a quick email introduction.
- In the Reports window, click Add, then click HTML Email.
- Enter a meaningful name and description. If needed, select the level of access others can have to this report. Select where to save the report, then click Build.
- In the HTML Editor window, you can define the content of your email. Use the formatting tools in the toolbar to make your email visually appealing.Note:
Click Insert Field to add some piece of information that you have entered in PDS for each family or individual that you're sending this to. For example, if you want to begin the email with "Hi John" or "Hi Betty", you can insert the First Name field under the Mem - Name Formats section. This displays as "<Mem First Name>" in the editor window.
Click Insert Image to add your logo or other image inside the email body.
- When you're finished, save your changes. Click Next to proceed through the Reports wizard.
- In the Additional Layout window, complete the information.
- In the From field, enter the name you want the recipient to see when they receive the email, such as "St. Mary's Church" or "Father Lawrence".
- Enter the From Email Address that displays as where the email is being sent from. This is usually your email address.
- If you want recipient replies to be directed to a different address, enter a Reply Email Address. For example, you may want completed forms to be returned to your office administrator. Otherwise, you can enter the same email as the From Email Address.
- Edit the subject line, if needed.
- To include your attachment, click Add File, at the bottom, select the document you want to send, and click Open.
- Click Next. When selecting the families or individuals to include, on the Selection Information tab, select Email, if Email is Marked.
- To send to only those whose email address is marked as Pref., select Preferred is Checked.
- To send to those who have an email address entered in their record, select Has an Email Addr.
- To send the document to all email addresses listed on the record, select Send to Multiple Emails.
- Click Preview. If any records are missing email addresses, the document will be printed instead. Click OK.
- If anyone could not be emailed for any reason, those names display for your reference.
- Click Next, and verify the information and attachment.
- When you're ready, click Start Email.