Install OnDemand for Windows
Install OnDemand on your Windows PC.
- Download OnDemand.
- When the download is complete, double-click OnDemand_Win_Install.exe from your Downloads folder.
- When the install is complete, double-click the OnDemand icon to open the program. An email is sent to you.
- Enter your OnDemand username and password provided in the email you received.Note: The first time you sign in to OnDemand, you'll be prompted to change your password. The password is case sensitive, should have at least six characters, and should contain at least three of the following items:
- Upper case letter
- Lower case letter
- Special character, such as # or !
Anti-Virus Software and OnDemand
How could your anti-virus software possibly affect OnDemand?
If you use anti-virus software on a Windows® operating system, set up an exclusion or an exception within your anti-virus software for the IDS LLC folder. This prevents disconnects when you use OnDemand.
Sometimes anti-virus software incorrectly flags a trusted file as a harmful file. Since this may occur with the IDS folder, which houses the OnDemand client, setting up an exclusion or an exception prevents your anti-virus software from taking action against it.
On a 32-Bit operating system, this folder is located in C:\Program Files. On a 64-Bit operating system, this folder is located in C:\Program Files (x86).
Give Full Access to a Folder
OnDemand users require full access to certain folders.
After installing OnDemand, Windows® users need full control permissions to the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\IDS LLC (For 64-bit operating systems, it's C:\Program Files(x86)\IDS LLC)
By allowing full control of these folders, you can avoid some problems with printing, logging in, and other functions in OnDemand and its programs. Please note that this is full control permissions and not administrative rights.
- Right-click the folder, then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Edit.
- For each user listed, select the Allow check box under Full Control.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK twice.Note: If there is no user called "Everyone" in the list, click Add. Enter Everyone in the Enter the object names to select field. Click Check Names, then click OK. Give this user full control as well.
Uninstall OnDemand (Windows 8® & Newer)
Uninstall OnDemand from a Windows PC.
- Click in the lower-left corner of the screen. The Start screen displays.
- Open your apps.
- Click Control Panel.
- If your View by selection is...
- set to Category, under Programs, select Uninstall a program, then select IDS Client and click Uninstall.
- set to Large icons or Small icons, select Programs and Features, then select IDS Client and click Uninstall.
- When the confirmation message displays, click Yes.