Closing Batches in General Ledger
You can close batches in General Ledger for year-end.
A batch is a group of transactions that are entered and posted at the same time. As long as a batch is open, you can enter and post transactions to it.
You can close a batch each time you post transactions, at the end of the day, week, or month, or any other time you choose. However, we recommend closing batches at least once a month as part of your month-end procedures.
During the General Ledger year-end closing process, ACS creates a batch of closing transactions. However, you do not need to close this batch- ACS closes it as part of the year-end process.
- Under Manage Records, select the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select General Ledger Transactions and click Go .
- In the Enter/Post Transactions window, click Posting Journal.
- If necessary, select Print Options.
- To preview the posting journal before printing, click Preview. Otherwise, click Print.
- To close the batch, click Yes. To leave the batch open and continue posting to it, click No.
- Click Close.