Assign Volunteers to a Schedule
Add volunteers of a team to a schedule.
Only available to administrators and users who have the Manage Schedules permission.
You can click the roles at the top of the Assignments page to clear and hide them in the schedule. This allows you to focus on assigning only specific roles. Click the role name at the top of the page to show that role in the calendar again.
Before you add an individual to a schedule, you can view their volunteer information, such as their preferences, when they last volunteered, and if they have other commitments on that date. Volunteers who appear in the recommended section are suggested based on their preferences and date last served.
- In the top-left corner, click your ministry hub then Realm. Then click .
- Click the name of the team, then click the Schedules tab.
- Click the name of the schedule.
- Click + Add in the calendar date in the volunteer role you want to assign.
- Select volunteers to add to the schedule.
- To schedule a recommended volunteer, click the volunteer's name from the recommended list.
- To search for a volunteer currently assigned to that role, click the search drop-down menu and select the volunteer's name.
- To search for a volunteer who is a member of the team but not assigned to that role, select a different role from the role drop-down menu. Then, click the search drop-down menu and select the volunteer's name. You can choose to permanently assign that individual to that role if needed.
- To search for a volunteer who is not a member of the team, select All of Realm from the drop-down menu. Enter the name of the individual, then select them from the drop-down menu. Adding the individual to the schedule will also add them to the team's roster.
- To search for a potential volunteer - someone who is not a member of the team but has skills and interests that match the role - select Potential Volunteers from the drop-down menu. Enter the name of the individual, then select them from the drop-down menu. Adding the individual to the schedule will also add them to the team's roster.
- To assign the volunteer using a reoccurring frequency, check Repeat, then select the frequency from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save or Save & Add Another.
- When you've finished adding all of the volunteers, choose whether to save as an unpublished draft or to publish the schedule.
- Click Done. Note:
When searching for volunteers to assign to a schedule, you may see individuals listed as Unavailable. These volunteers are either pending approval for the role or have a conflict, such as having volunteered recently, or being marked as unavailable in their preferences. You can select the volunteer from the menu to see more information about why they are unavailable.