Post Payments and Donations
With this quick posting, you can create a new batch to post. Or, if you previously created a batch but didn't post it, you can return to it.Important Reminders:
- A fund must have a fund identifier, fund name, and fund period.
- Before you can post information to a fund, it must have at least one group and activity.
- You can use this quick posting to add the fund to a family record, eliminating the need to return to the family's fund before a payment can be posted.
- If a family record hasn't been added, you can add it during this quick posting.
- With the flexible date feature, you can post entries outside of a fund's date range. So, you can post payments (with the actual date paid) to a pledge drive before it begins or after it ends.
- When you begin the quick posting, a batch number is assigned to the list of entries and posted to each family's Rates/History/Keywds window.
- On the Information tab, click .
- If there are unfinished batches, select the one you want and click Use Existing Batch. Or, click Add New Batch.
- When you add a new batch, the Quick Posting Options dialog box displays. Select options for your posting, and click Use/OK.
- In the grid, enter or select the fund and payment information.Note:
- Non-cash donations usually don't have a dollar value. You can enter 0 for the amount, and describe the item in the Comment field.
- In the optional Check # Cash field, you can enter the check number or payment method (up to 10 characters). For example, if a payment was made with cash, enter "CASH", or if it was paid by credit card, you can enter "MC", "Visa", or any description you want.
- Donors who had insufficient funds in the past display in pink text. To avoid bank fees, ensure these donors have sufficient funds before posting.
- To include a payment/donation for another family, click Insert Line. Repeat this for each family you want to update. When you're done, click Save.Tip: If you have a large number of entries and need to correct one, click Filter to find it.
- If you need to change any information for all entries in your list, click Change All. Note that your changes only apply to the entries currently displayed.
- To post, click Post to Families & Members. Or, to save the batch and post later, click Finish Later.