Check Addresses for Common Errors
To use the service, you must purchase a registration code and a monthly subscription by calling 1-800-892-5202. Find out more about PDS CASS It!.
- Carrier Route Rates – Addresses must be matched with CASS-certified software that supplies eLOT at least 90 days in advance.
- Bulk Mail – Carrier route sorting must meet the reformed postal sorting requirements for eLOT. eLOT identifies the order in which a postal carrier can deliver the mail. The data required for eLOT is included in CASS It!.
- Automation Rate Mailings – Addresses must be matched using CASS-certified software at least six months before mailing.
- On the File menu, click .
- Review the introduction, then click Next to begin.
- Select an option for checking the addresses.
- If you're checking only selected families, add conditions to filter records you want to include in the process.Note:
For help with conditions, see the Additional Selections section in the topic, Report Selections.
- Select to include active, inactive, or all families, and click Next.The program checks the addresses for errors.
- If errors are found, the addresses that need to be corrected display. Print the list for reference, and make all the necessary corrections.
- When you're done, click Finish.