Add and associate giving funds with your accounts.
Whenever contribution batches are posted automatically to your general ledger, it adds a deposit to your posted transactions. This deposit uses the accounts you set up for each giving fund here. This speeds up the process and eliminates the need to post your giving funds manually.
You can manage your giving funds here even if Contribution Posting is turned off. However, it must be turned on if you want to link your giving funds to the core accounts you've created.
Add a Giving Fund
Add the funds your contributors give to.
- Click .
- Click Add Fund.
- On the Fund Details tab, enter a code number and fund name.
- The following steps are optional:
- If gifts to this fund should not be deducted from a contributor's taxes, select Nondeductible.
- Enter a display name if you want the fund to display to your contributors with a name that's meaningful to them.
- Enter a comment that describes what the fund is for. This is only visible to users with permission.
- If this is an online giving fund, enable online giving, and select a deposit account for the gifts to go into. The account you set as the default will be selected automatically.Note: Once you enable online giving for a fund, you must select it in the appropriate giving forms to make it available for online contributors to give to it.
- On the Associated Accounts tab, if Contribution Posting is turned on in Realm Accounting, select the checking and income accounts from your list of accounts. If Contribution Posting is turned off, manually enter your checking and income accounts.Tip: Your primary accounts apply to all gifts, unless otherwise specified in the Additional Accounts section.
- Click Save.
Search for a Giving Fund
Use the page's search function to find the giving fund you need.
- Click .
- Click , and search by Fund Code or Fund Name.Tip: Realm Accounting only recognizes what you search for if you enter more than one character into the search field. If you're searching for a fund code of 1-9, click Code above the first column. This organizes your fund codes in ascending order.
You can also edit your giving funds to add a 0 before single-digit codes to make them easier to search for in the future.
Manage Giving Funds
Edit and delete your giving funds.
- Click .
- Click beside a
giving fund and select one of the following:
- Delete— You cannot delete a giving fund that has gifts designated to it.
- If you edit, make any necessary changes, and click Save. If you delete, click Delete again to confirm.
Giving Funds Field Descriptions
Detailed information that could be helpful while you set up giving funds in Realm Accounting.
- The code is assigned to your fund, for example, BLDG4. The code can consist of up to 10 numbers and/or letters.
- This is the name of your fund, for example, Youth Mission Trip. The name can include up to 50 letters and/or numbers.
- Display Name
- This is a name seen by online contributors that's easy for them to remember. The name can include up to 30 letters and/or numbers. Fund names should be descriptive and easy to understand since they're listed for potential contributors when using the Give Now feature.
- Checking Account/Income Account
- You can associate the fund with accounts set up in your general ledger.
- You might want to retain an old fund for reference or later reuse but don't want it to appear on reports or in lists of available funds. If that's the case, clear this check box. It's selected by default when creating a new fund.
- Select if you want this fund to be nondeductible, like a wedding fee or a columbarium niche. Any fund marked as nondeductible will be labeled both in your contribution batches and on any gift list reports you print.
- Online Giving
- If enabled, contributors will be able to give directly to this fund in Realm Accounting. If online giving remains disabled for a fund, it will not appear on your giving form in the list of available funds. You must set up a merchant account for online giving to display this option.
- Deposit Account
- Associate a deposit account with your fund. Online gifts will automatically post to that account.
- Primary Accounts
- These accounts are applied to all gifts unless additional accounts are assigned. If you enter separate accounts, your primary accounts will only apply to pledged gifts.
- Additional Accounts
- Assign accounts to nonpledge, prepledge, and postpledge gifts if you post them to your general ledger separately from pledged gifts.