Backing Up Your Financial Data
How to back up your financial data.
If you use ACS OnDemand, your backups are automatically made each night and stored on the OnDemand server. However, you should perform a manual backup prior to special procedures such as year-end closing, attendance promotion, or merging people records.
You can manually backup your ACS data with ACS Backup/Restore. A manual backup copies your data which can be restored if a computer or program malfunction occurs.
We recommend that you back up your dataset frequently on external media and store backup files off-site in case of hardware failure or a natural disaster.
- Don't shut down or turn off the computer.
- Remain logged in to your computer.
- If applicable, disable the Hibernate, Sleep, or Stand by options on your computer to maintain your backup schedule.
- Open the ACS Backup utility.
Windows 7: On your Windows desktop, click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen. The Start menu displays. Click All Programs > ACS Technologies > ACS Tools > ACS Backup.
Windows 8.1: On the Windows desktop, click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen. The Start screen displays. Click the arrow button . The Apps view displays. In the ACS Technologies section, click ACS Backup.
10: On the Windows desktop, click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen. The Start menu displays. Scroll to the ACS Technologies section, and click ACS Backup.
- Enter your user name and password and click OK.
- Under Data Options, select the backup that you want to perform.
- Under Additional Options, make the appropriate selections.
- Verify the backup destination. If necessary, click Lookup to select a different location.Warning: Important
- Do not back up to the WINACS or ACSNET folders.
- ACS OnDemand users must back up files to the S:\ACS_Backups folder.
- If you are backing up to a zip disk or a flash drive, insert the disk or drive.
- Click Backup.
- If you selected to change the filename, enter a filename and click OK.
- Optional: When the backup is finished, click Print History to view or print the Backup/Restore Log report.