Entering Payments for Existing Invoices
You should enter all payments for invoices in ACS for year-end.
Invoices are not required for you to enter payments in ACS. If you receive payments for tuition or fees that are not billed, you can still enter and post the payments in ACS and apply them later when you enter the invoices. You can also generate an invoice when you enter a payment.
When you receive a payment for an invoice that is already in your database, you can add the payment and apply it to the invoice in the Add Payment window.
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- Select Accounts Receivable Payments from the drop-down list and click Go .
- Click Add/Edit Payments, then Add.
- In the Payer field, click Lookup to select a payer. The payer's address displays below the Payer field.
- In the Type drop-down list, select the payment type.
- If the payment is a check and your organization uses check scanners, click Scan Check to scan the check. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- In the Reference # field, enter the reference number for the payment. The reference number could be a check number if the payment is a check or a confirmation number if the payment is made by a credit card.
- Enter the Payment Amount.
- In the Receipt # field, enter the receipt number or click Next to assign the next available receipt number. If you have AR set up to auto assign receipt numbers, the receipt number automatically displays.
- To automatically disburse your payment to the existing invoices that display in the grid below, select Auto Apply Payment.
- Enter the Payment Description.
- Under Apply to Invoices, select the Pay? checkbox beside each invoice you are applying the payment to.
- Click OK.