Add a Team
You can create a new team and associate roles with that team.
Only available to administrators and users who have the Manage Volunteer Teams/Serving Roles permission.
- Click .
- Click Add Serving Team.
- Enter the team's name and description.
- Enter one or more team leaders.
- Add additional individuals who will receive team activity notifications. Individuals who appear in this list are users who have volunteer management permissions. They will receive team notifications but not appear on the roster.
- Select whether you want to make this team public or private. When a team is set as public, potential volunteers can view team details and express interest in available roles.
- In the Communication Settings section, select who can create posts, who can post photos and whether team chat is enabled.
- If you want to mark attendance for volunteers on this team, turn Enable Attendance on. Select a time frame to calculate attendance metrics and enter how many declines and absences define low participation.
- Click Next.
- To add a role that already exists, click Search existing roles, select the role from the drop-down and click Add. Add a new role by clicking Create New Role and entering the role's information.
- Make additional changes to roles on the team:
- If you need to modify a role you've added to your team, click next to the role and select Edit Role. Make any necessary changes, then click Save.
- If you need to remove a role you've added to your team, click next to the role and select Remove.
- Click Save Serving Team.
- Optional: Recruit volunteers for your team.
- To create a recruitment post in the church group newsfeed, enter your recruitment post title and message, select the roles you're recruiting for, and then click Post.
- To create a printed handout, enter the recruitment information, select the roles you're recruiting for, then click Preview & Print.