Tasks are a automatically created. Think of them as a to-do list created by Realm.
Certain users, group leaders, and ministry area leaders can view a list of items that require their attention. Tasks are not assigned to congregants unless they hold specific permissions in the product, such as "group leader".
Here are some of the things that generate a task entry:
- Three or more consecutive absences by a group member
- Group event attendance that might need to marked
- Contributions that have yet to be posted
- New announcements
- Notices of new individuals on a pathway or pathway step
- A report is shared with you
Some of these actions won't appear on the task list of the person who initiated them, only for other users and leaders.
Your task list can grow very quickly. For that reason, you can delete most types of notifications from it.
View or Delete your Tasks
See what tasks remain on your list.
- Sign in as an administrator or user with the appropriate permission.
- Note the three-lined icon displayed in the top-right part of the window, near your name.
If items have been created since you last checked the to-do list, they are indicated by a red circle.
- Click the icon to view pending items.
- Select an item for more information, or click See all tasks for a full-page view of all items with corresponding task buttons.
- To remove a task, select the check box beside the item(s), and click Dismiss. This will not resolve any tasks, just remove them from the list.Note:
Not every task can be dismissed. Notifications about announcements, recurring payments, pending invites, reports, and certain others can't be deleted. To remove a task that you cannot dismiss or delete, you must complete it or it will remain.