Ministry Area Setup Field Descriptions
Details about some of the fields you'll encounter when setting up ministry areas.
- Ministry Area
- This field allows you to move a sub-ministry area to another parent ministry area.
- The name of the ministry area leader. Examples could include your youth minister or music minister. Leaders of specific groups will be assigned later. This field only accepts the names of people who exist in your data. Once you begin typing, a list of valid individuals is displayed. Ministry area leaders can share resources with groups and, in the event that a group does not have a leader, automated emails regarding attendance will be sent to this person.
- Include attendance data on dashboard
This option appears only when adding top-level ministry areas.
If selected, it will appear as an option when editing groups created in this area and its sub-areas. It allows:
- a group's attendance to appear on the Attendance Dashboard
- an individual's attendance for that group to appear on the Groups tab of their profile
- a group's attendance numbers to be included when calculating involvement statistics on the Involvement Dashboard.
If not selected, the option will not appear on when adding or editing groups. Attendance for groups will not appear on the Attendance dashboard, on profile Groups tabs, or in involvement statistics.
- Leader Positions
- The leadership roles you want to assign in this ministry area. Examples could include Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Leader, Mentor, Prayer Leader, etc. Leader positions must be set up at a top-level ministry area. They can then be assigned at lower-level ministry areas. Leadership positions are managed on the Info tab of a ministry area.
- Specialty skills, traits, or roles exercised by individual group members. Examples could include Singer, Graphics Design Experience, Electrical Training, etc. Attributes must be set up at a top-level ministry area. They can then be assigned at the group level. Attributes are managed on the Attributes tab of a ministry area.