Add a Group Event
Create events for a group to attend.
- Click .
- Locate the group and open its page.
- Click the Events tab and click Add an Event.
- Complete the fields. Fields with a red asterisk are required.
- To add an image to the event, click +Add a photo for this event, then select your image file. To remove the image, click and select Delete Photo. You can add a new image if you need to.
- To edit the event image, hover your mouse over the image, then click . Use the left scroll bar to rotate the image and the right scroll bar to resize the image. Then click Apply.
- For recurring events, enter a start and end time, and then select a frequency from the Repeats menu. For events that will recur into the indefinite future, select No End Date.
- Select the event's location. If you are hosting the event online, enter the meeting URL or information in the Online Meeting Link text box.
- If you select Allow simple RSVP in the Signups section, members can indicate if they are coming to this event with a simple yes/no.
- To allow registrants to bring items for an RSVP event, click + Add item to bring, then enter the item's name and number of items you need.
- If the Share on Newsfeed option is available, select this to post the event on the group's Newsfeed and notify group members.
- If the event provides childcare, you can indicate this by selecting Childcare provided.
- Select Make this the group's primary event to make this a primary event that displays in congregants searches.
- Click Save.