Pledge Statement Field Descriptions
Detailed information that could be helpful while you set up pledge statements.
Step 1— Set Details
- Select the campaign to print statements for. It can be a current campaign to show progress as it's happening or a previous campaign if you want to thank those who gave to one that's ended.
- Include gifts as of
- This is the last date on which you want to see gifts. For example, if you select to see gifts up to April 30, 2020, any contributions given after that day will not be counted.
- Detailed breakdown of the individual's gifts
- With your "as of" date set, this is the range in which details of an individual's gifts displays. It will add the ref #, memo, and payment type to your statements.
- Statement inclusions
- Cover letter— A detailed description of your campaign's status. For example, you can send a reminder to contributors that a campaign is almost over, or send a thank you to contributors who have fulfilled their pledge.
- Overall campaign status— A visual example of how the campaign is progressing overall.
- Individual pledge progress graph— A visual example of how the individual is progressing with his or her own pledge.
- Online giving link— A link that sends contributors to your website's online giving page.
- Your logo— Your church's logo.
Step 2— Select Recipients
- Fulfillment Status
- Fulfillment statuses may vary. The range of percentages per status coincide with individual contributors' gift amounts as of the date selected in step 1. You adjust the leniency of each status when you edit their percentages.
- Statement distribution
Export All to PDF exports all pledge statements as a PDF so you can print and mail them to contributors.
Send Emails sends an email with a link to their pledge statement. If a contributor does not have an email address, a PDF is exported of their pledge statement that you can print and mail.
- Create a List of Records in Constant Contact for Emailing sends a statement link via email through Constant Contact to any contributor with an available email address. If an email address isn't available or is a duplicate, you can print PDFs of those statements or email them through Realm.
- Choose a Constant Contact account:— If you only have one Constant Contact account integrated with Realm, you do not have to choose. Otherwise, select the account you want to use.
- New List Name— This is the title of your recipient list. For example, you could call it Pledge Statements for [Year].
- Link to Pledge Statement— Map this custom field to Constant Contact, so it matches the field in Realm. By mapping this field, it automatically displays the correct information when you send an email to your contributors when you use this field in your message. Use this field name as the dynamic variable that you insert into Constant Contact email.
- Recipient Name— Map this as you would your pledge statement link. This field displays a contributor's full name in a customized statement email. If giving is shared between two contributors, both of their full names display when you use this field in a customized statement email.
- First Name— Map this as you would your pledge statement link and recipient link. If giving is shared between two contributors, both of their names display when you use this field in a customized statement email.
Step 3— Customize Messaging
- Customization Tags
- Drag and drop any customization tag into your messages to add auto-generated text, customized for each statement.
- recipient-name— The contributor's name will replace this tag on their statement.
- campaign-name— The campaign's name will replace this tag. This is especially useful if you reuse a cover letter or message from a previous campaign.
- total-pledge— The contributor's total pledged amount will replace this tag.
- given-toward-pledge— The amount the contributor has given towards their pledge will replace this tag.
- Use a Previously Sent...
- This saves five previously sent cover letters and five previously sent messages. Click this if a cover letter or message from a previous campaign would be perfect for your current one.
Step 4— Preview and Send
- Reply to Email
- Edit this email address if you want statement recipients to reply to someone other than the church's default address.
- Sort order
Last Name (A-Z)— Organize your statement output by last name.
Postal Code— Organize your statement output by postal code.
- Preview (first 10)
- Preview your first 10 statements to ensure they're correct before you send or export.