Give on Behalf of a Contributor
If a contributor is unable to give for whatever reason, you can use their account information to give on their behalf.
If a contributor has trouble giving online, a church administrator can enter gifts on their behalf using a paper authorization form. Contributors may call your office or stop by in person to change their giving information, or add a new gift—but doing so will increase the scope of your church's PCI responsibility.
If you have questions or are unsure about your church's PCI responsibilities, please contact Vanco's Compliance and Risk Management Department at 1-800-675-7430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign in as an administrator.
- At the top of any page, search an individual's name, and select it.
- Click the Giving tab on the individual's profile.
- Click Enter Online Gift.
- Enter the amount you want to give, and select the fund to give to.
- Optional: To give to a second fund, click + Give to an additional fund.
- Select the gift's frequency , and complete each field that corresponds with that frequency.
- Read Entering Gifts or Payments on Behalf of Someone Else, then download and complete the authorization form for each transaction. This page has important instructions on how to handle written authorizations for compliance with PCI and NACHA.
- Click Continue.
- Select the payment method the congregant requested you use.
- Optional: Select whether or not this congregant wants to offset processing costs.
- Click Give.