A scanner can enter your checks into Realm so you don't have to.
Check scanning decreases the time your staff or volunteers spend recording gift details. It also saves a color photo of each check scanned, reducing the amount of paper you have to keep up with.
Scan multiple checks at once to automatically match gifts with your contributors. Confidence indicators alert you if a check's readability wasn't clear. You can always review and edit what was scanned.
Check scanning works with the four supported scanners listed on this page and operates on Windows computers only. Refer to your check scanner's manual for any additional information on how to use it. If Windows throws an error after you install your scanner, attempt to scan on another PC. If that doesn't work, check with the Microsoft community, and search your error for a possible solution.
- Windows computers only
Supported Check Scanners
- Canon CR-50
- Canon CR-80
- Canon CR120
- Canon CR150
If you need to purchase a scanner, visit our store and click Realm Check Readers. You can find our supported scanners there.
Set up Check Scanning
Activate your check scanner.
- In the top-left corner, click your ministry hub then Realm. Then click .
- Click Add next to the Check Scanning feature.
- Plug in the scanner's power cable and turn on your Realm supported scanner.
- Connect the scanner to your computer through the USB cable and port.
- In Realm, select On to activate check scanning.
Install the Realm Hardware Utility
The Realm Hardware Utility allows Realm to communicate with your scanner.
- Click Download.
- Once the download is complete, click Run to begin the installation process.
- Click Browse and select the folder location for the Realm Hardware Utility, then click Next.
- Select any additional tasks you want the setup wizard to perform. Then, click Next.
- Review your settings, then click Install.
- When installation is complete, click Finish.
Check Scanning Troubleshooting
Troubleshoot any errors that may arise while you scan checks.
|No Scanner Found||This message displays if the computer does not recognize the connection with your scanner. |
|Scanner Jam||Paper did not feed correctly and has caused the scanner to jam. |
|Double Feed Error||Two checks entered the scanner at the same time. |
Phone: Our support team is available Monday - Thursday, 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM EST and Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST. Call 1-800-669-2509.
Email: Click Support in the lower-left corner of any window. Fill out and submit the email form in the center of the page.