Check In Using a Tablet and Share Print Station
Print check-in badges from a tablet.
Only available to administrators and users who have the Launch Check-In Kiosks permission.
For long kiosk lines, additional volunteers can come out from behind the desk and check in attendees using a tablet. This feature could also be used by other kiosks that don't have a printer. Most phones are not compatible with remote check-in printing, nor are computers running Internet Explorer.
To print badges remotely, at least one printing kiosk must first be shared.
- Click .
- Click next to the kiosk's name and select Launch Kiosk.
- Choose a mode and select Share this kiosk's badge printer.
- Give the kiosk a name and launch it. Warning:
When naming a kiosk, use only alphabetic characters.
- Begin checking in attendees on a remote device. Click on the device and launch a kiosk (either the one launched above or another).
- Choose a mode and select Print to a remote badge printer. You'll be notified if no printing kiosk has been shared. Otherwise, select a kiosk to print to.
- Launch the kiosk on the device. Once in check-in, a button in the upper-right corner tells you if your kiosk is sharing a printer or using a shared printer. If using a shared printer, you can click the button to see and switch to any other available printer.