Assign Barcodes to Attendees
Assign a check-in barcode to attendees.
Only available to administrators and users who have the Launch Check-In Kiosks permission.
Assigning barcodes to people helps to make the check-in process faster. Any card with a bar code should work: grocery store loyalty cards, rewards cards, membership cards, and so on. Each attendee can have up to five barcodes.
Before scanning barcodes, you must attach a bar code scanner to your kiosk computer. Most scanners of type Code 39 that are hard-coded for carriage return will work.
If you are using mobile check-in, you will need a barcode scanner that can scan 2D barcodes. Also, the scanner must be of type Code 39 and hard-coded for carriage return in order to scan ordinary barcodes.
The kiosk must also have the Add New Barcodes option turned on. An administrator or user with the Manage Kiosks permission can edit the kiosk to enable this option.
- In the top-left corner, click your ministry hub then Realm. Then click Check-In.
- Click next to the kiosk's name, and select Launch Kiosk.
- Select the second or third option, and click Launch Kiosk.
- Enter the attendee's name, check-in number, or last four digits of phone number.
- If given a list of matching individuals, choose one.
- Click Family Barcode.
- When the pop-up window opens, scan the barcode. A number displays in the field when successful. If you need to delete a barcode, click beside it.
- Scan more cards or click Save.