Vendors Field Descriptions
Detailed information that could be helpful while you set up vendors.
- Name and Business Name
- If the vendor is a person, enter their name in the Name field. If it is a business, enter it in the Business Name field. You can select from existing people and business profiles.
- Filter by
- If selected, statements will only be included for individuals who contributed to the selected fund(s).
- Tax ID
- This is an identifying number used for the purpose of filing taxes to the IRS that prints in the Recipients Identification Number box of a 1099. Because a Tax ID could be assigned by the Social Security Administration or by the IRS, make note of which type of number a vendor uses to enter and format it properly. SSNs should be formatted XXX-XX-XXXX for individuals. EINs, on the other hand, should be formatted XX-XXXXXXX for sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, and so on.
- Account Number
- Enter the account number the vendor has assigned to you.
- 1099 Vendor
- A 1099 is sent to any vendor you pay that is not an employee at the end of the year. Select this option for the vendors who fall under this category.