If you're part of the Preferred Client Program, you can download the latest desktop version in the Client Portal.
PDS Ledger/Payroll 10.1B, released for desktop 1-31-22 and OnDemand 2-1-22, offers the following enhancements.
New and Improved Features
- We made required changes to federal and state tax tables for 2022. We'll continue to update state tables as we receive them.Note: Some states require program changes, as noted in the tax table documentation, under State Tax Table Information. Please check your state(s) before loading the tax table update.
- Visit the IRS website for more information on tax changes. For help on PDS tax procedures, see 2022 Tax Information.
- Form 944 has been updated and is ready for printing or e-filing. See the IRS Instructions for more.
- Form 1095-B, used by small employers (fewer than 50 full-time employees), has changed. See the IRS Instructions for details.
- Forms 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC have changed. We added a new field and checkbox in the Vendor Alter Totals window, as well as a new option for the 1099 Box on the Primary Information window for expense accounts.
- The IRS changed Form 1099-NEC from 2-up to 3-up, meaning there are now three 1099s per page. We updated the 1099-NEC layout to accommodate this change. None of the form's boxes have changed. But because this update allows three forms on one page, you will need to realign them and print a sample to make sure they fit. Visit our online store to purchase these and other year-end forms.
- For detailed steps on printing each form, see Close Payroll in our year-end guide.
- When you reconcile bank accounts, there are two reports you can print: Outstanding Transaction List and Cleared Transaction List. On these reports, the date fields were being cut off.
- The employee label/envelope reports were not printing the mailing address correctly.
- When editing the 1099-NEC layout, you were able change the number of rows to 2 but could not change it back to 3.