Promote Students to the Next Grade Level
Before using this process, ensure that the Grades and Degrees keyword list contains each grade you plan to promote and that the list is sorted in numeric order.
- On the Information tab, click .
- Enter the range of grade levels you want to promote. Typically, you start with the first grade level on your list (Preschool or Kindergarten) and end with the last grade level that your school promotes to.
- To change the type for graduating students, select Change the type for those currently in the last grade listed below from Child to Young Adult.Note:
A member's type is set in the Personal window. This is one way to distinguish between students whose last grade completed is 12 and students who are currently in grade 12.
If selected, note that individuals changed to Young Adult during this process will not be included in grade promotion next year.
- Select to include only active, only inactive, or all members.
- Review the grades for promotion in the grid, and make any necessary changes. Click Next.
- Review your list. When you're ready to promote the selected individuals, click Next.
- To post the new grades, click Promote Members.