Create an Opportunity Scan Based on a Radius or Polygon
When you scan for opportunities in a large geographic area, you can scan based on a radius or polygon you draw.
This is recommended if you know the geographical area you want to scan on or if you want to include multiple cities, small towns, or a rural area.
- In the User Assistant, under What Would You Like to Do?, click Create Opportunity Scan.
- Select Radius or Polygon I Draw.
- Enter an address close to the general area where you want to draw, then click Next .
- Under Report Area Drawing, select to create a Radius or draw a Polygon.
- Enter your radius information or draw your polygon boundaries. When they are correct, click Next.
- Select the variables you want to scan for, then click Next. For example, you could select Overview, Racial/Ethnic Trends, and Hispanic or Latino.
- In the Scan By drop-down list, select to scan by Census Blockgroups, Census Tracts, Zipcodes, Counties, States, Elementary School SABS, Middle School SABS, or High School SABS.
- Select the Year to view, then click Next.
- Under Review and Summary, review your Study and Geography Options. To make changes, click Previous. Otherwise, click Finish.