Preparing and Printing Form 1099 at Year-End
Prepare and print form 1099 for year-end.
While Form W-2 reports wages, salaries, and tips, Form 1099 NEC (nonemployee compensation) reports miscellaneous income paid to independent contractors.
If you've paid an independent contractor $600 or more or royalties over $10 during a calendar year, you should print Form 1099 NEC for that vendor.
Any vendor with invoices marked as 1099 and paid in the selected tax year receives a 1099. If the vendor is marked as a 1099 vendor during setup, all invoices for that vendor are marked as 1099 purchases unless the 1099 option is cleared during invoice entry. For vendors not marked as a 1099 vendor, you can mark an invoice as a 1099 purchase during invoice entry. After entering invoices, you can edit a vendor's record to add or clear the 1099 option.
When generating Form 1099, ACS selects only those vendors with purchases totaling $600 or more. To see these vendors, you can print the YTD Purchases List. You can also include deactivated vendors or vendors paid less than $600 or royalties under $10.
Before preparing Form 1099, we suggest printing the YTD Purchases List and the Check/Invoice Cross Reference report to verify vendor totals. We also recommend printing the forms on blank paper first to check for errors.
Preparing and Printing Form 1099
- Under Generate Reports, click the Period End Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Accounts Payable 1099s and 1096, then click Go .
- On the Reports tab, select 1099 NEC - Laser Printer, 1099 NEC Correction - Laser Printer, 1099 NEC - Laser (Blank Paper 4 Part Forms), or 1099 NEC Correction - Laser (Blank Paper 4 Part Forms).
- To enter the beginning and ending date range for the 1099 information that you want to include in the 1099 totals, use Print Transactions From and to.
- To select report options, click the Setup tab.
- Enter Report Options, Tax IDs, and Selection Options.
- To preview the 1099s prior to printing, click Preview. To print the 1099s, click Print.
Form 1099 Additional Field Information
Detailed information that could be helpful for year-end.
Additional Field Information
- Sort by — To print 1099s in a particular order, select a sort option.
Fed Tax ID and State Tax ID — Verify your federal and state tax ID numbers. Boxes 17 and 18 must be completed before you can electronically file state 1099s.
- Include Inactive Vendors — To print 1099s for both inactive and active vendors, select this option.
- Include 1099 Purchases Under $600 and Royalties Under $10 — To print 1099s for vendors with 1099 purchases that total less than $600 and royalties under $10, select this option.
- Vendor Type — To filter by vendor type, select this option and click Select to choose the vendor types.
- Vendor Code — To filter by vendor code, enter a range of vendor codes or click Lookup to select Vendor codes.
- Vendor Name — To filter by vendor names, enter a range of vendor names or click Lookup to select Vendor names.
- YTD Purchases — Enter a range of year-to-date purchase amounts as the filter.
- YTD 1099 Purchases — a range of year-to-date 1099 purchase amounts as the filter.
- Print 1096 — Click to select 1096 information for printing.