Assign Roles to Users
When you add users for the first time, you must assign roles so that they have permissions to use ACS Facility Scheduler.
As a user's responsibilities evolve, you can change the assigned roles. You should assign at least one role to each user, but you may want to assign multiple roles to some users. The Roles column displays in the Users grid, so you can see a user's roles at a glance, or group and filter the grid by role.
When you are assigning roles to a user, you have the option of selecting a role type.
We strongly recommend selecting [Custom Role Type] for all users. This means that the user functions independently of a role type. Roles types are handy if you know how to use them, but you can accidentally give users more permissions than you intended.
- On the Administration tab, click Users.
- Select the user.
- In the Actions group, click Edit User.
- In the Show group, click Roles.
- In the Role Type drop-down list, select [Custom Role Type]. Selecting any other role type is only recommended for advanced administrators.
- In the right pane, click Add.
- Select the role and click OK.
- Repeat these steps for each role you want to assign the user.
- In the Actions group, click Save and Close.