Assign Administrative Permissions
Giving administrator permissions to a user gives them complete control over your dataset.
Be selective and cautious when assigning administrator permissions.
To ensure that you don't give administrator permissions unintentionally, ACS Facility Scheduler includes some safeguards. To give users permission to manage other users and roles, you must
- Enable them to unlock user accounts. (Select Login Admin).
- Assign them the system role of Administrator.
The Administrator role also provides system-wide access to all calendars and actions. To ensure that a user has complete system-wide permissions, you must also designate them a Site Admin. This allows the user to manage resource labels, site information, and password requirements. Being a Site Admin does not include any additional permissions beyond these.
- On the Administration tab, click Users.
- Select the user.
- In the Actions group, click Edit User.
- In the Show group, click Login.
- Select Login Admin.
- In the Show group, click Roles.
- In the Role Type drop-down list, select [Custom Role Type].
- In the right pane, click Add.
- Select the role Administrator and click OK.
- In the Actions group, click Save and Close.