Add Resource Categories
Resource categories organize similar resources.
For example, you can create a category named A/V Equipment for all of your televisions, DVD players, sound equipment, and cameras. Other examples include vehicles, classrooms, and pastoral staff.
Categories can control who can book specific resources. Categories are assigned to one or more calendars, and you can select the calendars authorized to access the category rather than adding it to individual calendars.
Resources can only be booked for an event if the category it is in has been assigned to the calendar you are adding the event to. For example, if you assign the sanctuary to the Primary calendar but not the Youth calendar, you can only book the sanctuary when adding events to the Primary calendar, but not when adding events to the Youth calendar.
- On the Administration tab, click Resource Categories.
- In the Actions group, click Add Resource Category.
- Select a Resource Type.
- Enter the Name of the category.
- Enter a Description for the category.
- To add calendars authorized to access the category, click Calendars.
- To select the calendars you want to add, click Add. Only calendars not already added to that resource category display.
- To save your changes, click OK.
- To add additional resource categories, click Save & Add Another. If you're finished, click Save & Close.